Script Reports / Development Notes
Script reports and coverage are invaluable – though not always welcome. However, to get that ‘first look’ response on a script that you’ve been working on for months (or years) is crucial before you head into the marketplace and get rejections – sometimes with no idea why.
Of course you know the world of the character – the rules; their backstories – but the audience won’t. A script report can help you pinpoint the strengths & weaknesses of the material – as well as possible ways to address the issues.
- Two pages of notes (min) regarding the viability of the project in the international / domestic marketplace.
- Who is the audience / demographic; does the material fit the genre; what is the likely reach.
- Comments on tone, pacing, dialogue, characters, structure, plot.
- As well as creative commentary, I will discuss the project’s commercial merits
- A creative comment report is extra – page notes; separate advice re development in line with market awareness
- Suggestions & thoughts on the pitch package and potential partners.
- Report for up to 95 pages – $320
- Report for up to 120 pages – $370
- Creative report – $120
- Follow Up Skype / 1 hr – $299